HIT Java EE Spring 2012 ACD
This coming summer semester (Spring 2012) I am going to deliver a basic Java EE course in HIT. The course is part of the HIT Computers Science BSc academic program.
The main topics we are going to cover in this course are:
Java Servlets & JavaServer Pages
Java Server Faces
Java Persistence API
Java EE Web Services
In addition, we are going to cover the following smaller topics:
Most of the training material we are going to use in this course can be found at www.abelski.com. This training material is available for free personal and academic usage.
The official syllabus can be found at http://www.lifemichael.com/hit/JAVA_EE_SYLLABUS_201202.pdf.
The detailed plan can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AhDgrQD6qivLdHo3VWdqMU44Ym9Sd2VJRDU3TE5EN1E&output=html.
The course google group is available at http://groups.google.com/group/hit-java-ee-spring-2012.
Towards this course you should install on your personal computer the following software:
1. Java SDK 7 (http://www.oracle.com)
2. Eclipse (Helios) IDE for Java EE Developers (http://www.eclipse.org)
3. Netbeans IDE Java Version (http://www.netbeans.org)
4. GlassFish Application Server v3.0.1 (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javaee/downloads/index.html)
5. Tomcat 7.0 (http://tomcat.apache.org)
6. Latest version of the following web browsers: Chrome, Safari, IE, Firefox and Opera.